Currently Reviewing: Welcome to the NHK
What We’ve Said Recently
- Vinyl – Hipster Affectation, Archival Format, Late Stage Capitalism Freak Out January 16, 2017
- Federale – They can Even do it Live January 15, 2017
- Episode 21: Welcome to the Reset and Episode 22: Welcome to God! January 14, 2017
- Lazy Friday Videos (warning:drumsolos) January 13, 2017
- Federale – All the Colours of the Dark January 12, 2017
- More Bowie, All the Time… Sometimes January 11, 2017
- When I Met You – David Bowie January 10, 2017
- Emerson, Lake, and remembering January 9, 2017
- A Traitor’s Self-Indulgence – My work for Cinema Sentries in 2016 January 8, 2017
- Let There Be Light: The Odyssey of Dark Star January 7, 2017
Random Goat Reviews
What came before:
episode guide Archive
Posted on January 14, 2017 | No CommentsTables get turned, who cures who? These two episodes of Welcome to the NHK see all of Sato’s crutches being pulled out from under him, and the surprise revelation of […]
Posted on January 15, 2014 | No CommentsMy God, Welcome to the NHK is a downer, a depressing show with human misery front and center, 24/7. Sato’s misery might be the most obvious and direct, but it […]
Posted on January 13, 2014 | No CommentsAt heart, Welcome the the NHK has a series of very dodgy relationships. Central is, of course, Sato and Misaki, a 23 year old man and a 17 year old […]
Posted on April 30, 2005 | No CommentsEnter Haruko - bass-playing alien babe who teaches us all to laugh about love again.
Posted on April 30, 2005 | No CommentsThe robot that burst out of Naota's head is now Mamimi's arson god.
Posted on April 30, 2005 | No CommentsNaota has cat ears, and Ninamori stays over for the night.
Posted on April 30, 2005 | No CommentsWill Naota swing his bat? Did he accidentally kill his dad? Are you gonna see cat nards?
Posted on April 30, 2005 | No CommentsNaota vs. his dad for the love of Haruko!
Posted on April 30, 2005 | No CommentsApocalyptic combat between big robots and sad kids, but not in an Eva-like way.